Wednesday, October 28, 2015

It's been several years since I updated this blog.  However, recently on Facebook the subject has reared its ugly head again.  It has now been a long five years since Tim left us, and I had been rather proud how I've managed to "heal" from it.  Turns out I'm wrong.
I still feel a tremendous loss, that will never go away.  But time and time again, the subject comes up on FB, and I always try to respond to (or even initiate) the discussions.  It's my hope that by sharing my pain, not only will it lessen but that I can help others deal with theirs.  It's Spider Robinson's "Law of Conservation of Pain and Joy" - which says "pain shared is pain lessened, joy shared is joy multiplied.  If I can let others know that we share their pain, perhaps I can help them get through it just that much easier.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I did see your comment on Facebook.
    I'm only 27 right now with no kids.
    My brother (Lieutenant First Class, 64th Jatt Sikh Regiment Indian Army) was killed in an encounter with Maoists (Commies). I know the sudden shock and WTF? moment you get when you hear the news.
    However I cannot compare my loss with yours. I cannot even begin to understand what went through your mind that morning Ken called you guys.

    Thanks for being strong. You've given a whole lot of people strength with this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the appropriate response should be "you're welcome." This is Memorial Day Weekend here in the U.S. and it's a time that we remember thoe who have given their all in the service of their nations. My heart goes out to you for your brother.

      Delete